The Alohomora in Hogwarts Legacy is not so much a spell as it is a core function of the game. With it, you can unlock doors and chests. Unfortunately, when you first get it, you will only be able to tinker with level 1 locks, as it still needs updates. Here’s our Hogwarts Legacy guide to help you find the Demise Statues and Dese Dese Moons to get Alohomora upgrades.
What are semi-invisible statues and semi-invisible moons?
The Alohomora skill comes from Gladwin Moon, the school janitor. When you initially obtain it, it will show you the first Demi-Visible Statue, a representation of a strange creature that carries a glowing orb. The orb, known as the Semiviso Moon, is something you can only collect at night. As such, if you want to search for these objects, you’ll need to periodically advance the game’s day-night cycle through the world map.
There are several semi-invisible statues of Hogwarts legacy in the game world. You’ll spot two more when tackling Gladwin’s quest (which requires you to complete objectives stealthily). After that he will ask you to find additional moons to get Alohomora upgrades. There are a few quest levels/phases, and you’ll have to return to Gladwin to receive the updated versions:
- Alohomora Level 2 – Collect 9 Semviso Moons.
- Alohomora Level 3 – Collect 13 semi-invisible moons.
Hogwarts Castle Statues of Demivisce and Moons of Demise
Below we list the Demise Statues of the Hogwarts Legacy in the castle itself. Note that you will need nine Semiviso Moons to upgrade the Alohomora spell. Since there are higher-level locks in some areas, you’ll likely visit Hogsmeade to find some important upgrade-only items.
- Library Annex: Library – Go back to the Restricted Section basement. It’s just past the Eye Chest.
- Library Annex: Divination Classroom – Inside the classroom itself.
- Library Annex: Potions Classroom – Go left and go down the stairs. Open the door on level 1 and check the next hallway. There’s a level 2 door on your left. The item is inside the room.
- Bell Tower Wing: North Exit of Hogwarts – Check the nearby gatehouse, which happens to have a level 1 lock.
- Bell Tower Wing: Beast Classroom – The hut itself has a level 2 lock. Get the object inside the professor’s room.
- Astronomy Wing: Professor Fig’s Classroom – On a table next to the fireplace.
- Astronomy Wing: Defense Against the Dark Arts Tower – Take the exit on your left and head towards the Hall of Herodiana. Turn right and you’ll see a level 1 locked door. The item is in one of the bathroom stalls.
- Astronomy Wing: Transfiguration Courtyard – Go through the door next to the fast travel point and unlock the door on level 2.
- Great Hall: The Great Hall – Open the door on level 1 on the right side of the mess hall.
- Secret Rooms: Map Chamber – Go back to the Hogwarts cistern and turn left. There is a level 1 door just before the dragon statue.
Hogsmeade village statues and semi-invisible moons
For the Hogsmeade Demisee Statues and the Demise Moons in Hogwarts Legacy, we opted to include a map due to the clearer layout. Some of these spots have objects that are easily obtained, or some with only tier 1 locks. A couple, however, have tier 2 locks.
- tomes and parchments – In the shopkeeper’s room next to an Eye Chest.
- Pig’s head – In the cellar.
- Dervishes and Banges – Over the counter.
- three brooms – You can enter through the main door. Climb the stairs to the top floor and open the door on level 1.
- Three Broomsticks (outside and to the right) – Enter the house next to the Three Broomsticks. The door has a level 1 lock.
- litter and peck – It’s inside the little house across the street. It has a level 1 lock.
- Honeydukes (back) – Check the area behind Honeydukes. There is a chest inside this small hut that has a level 1 lock.
- southwest alley – Check the second house on your left in the alley between Ollivanders and Tomes and Scrolls. You will need to open a level 2 unlock.
- Potion Shop J. Pippin – There is a house with a level 2 lock right next to the J. Pippin Potion Shop.
Semi-Invisible Highland Statues and Semi-Invisible Moons
This section of the Hogwarts Legacy Semi-Visual Statues will be approached a little differently. This is because villages in the Highlands tend to be relatively small areas with very few houses. As such, we’re going to check each village from north to south, naming the houses with Seminviso Moons and whether they are blocked by default. Also, if you want to get to the southern half of the map, you’ll need to go through the mountain tunnel in the Coastal Cavern region.
Here are the Highland villages you might want to visit:
- Pitt-Upon-Ford – Two-story home west of the Floo Flame.
- Upper Hogsfield – Small cabin with a broken wheel near the door.
- Aranshire (Level 1) – Second floor of the house next to the Floo Flame.
- Lower Hogsfield – The hut on the right. This is also the home of the father who needs your help for The Lost Child quest.
- Brocburrow – The house near the Merlin Trial.
- Keenbridge (Level 1) – Furthest three-story house from others.
- Feldcroft (Level 2) – The house that is a little east.
- Irondale – The house on your right when you first appear.
- Marunweem – The hut in the center of the village.
- Bainburgh (Level 2) – The house directly to your left when you spawn.
- Cragcroft – This village is slightly larger than the others. Fortunately, the house you’re looking for is the one next to the seller’s NPC.
Be sure to return to Gladwin Moon whenever you reach a threshold for Alohomora’s upgrade. Eventually, you’ll meet someone named Piers Pemberton. It seems it has something to do with the semi-invisible objects pestering Gladwin.
Anyway, after collecting all semi-invisible moons in Hogwarts Legacy, you will receive the “Dread of the Demiguise” achievement. Speak with Piers once more and inform Gladwin about everything to complete the quest.
Hogwarts Legacy is developed by Avalanche Software, a subsidiary of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. The game has been mired in controversy due to transphobic comments by Harry Potter author JK Rowling. Although she is not personally involved with its development, she can profit from its success. To find out more, read our in-depth article on how Rowling’s comments impacted the trans community. In this article, you’ll also find links to trans creators you can support, as well as charities you can donate to.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may earn a share of the revenue if you purchase anything featured on our site.